Thursday, April 23, 2009

Ease...

A pick of Jose at work... This shit is sick... reminds me of Pollick's action painting...





I have always been drawn toward things that are conventionally viewed as ugly, obsolete, and derelict. Jose's intensly layered imagery really speaks to my love for urban flotsam... Traditionally, flotsam refers to a word which describes a specific kind of debris in the Ocean. Generally speaking, flotsam is the property of the finder. I view Winnipeg as a piece of 'Debris' floating by itself in a large uncaring world. within Winnipeg, there are even tinnier pieces of 'Debris' waiting to be discovered... By debris, I mean certain sounds, surfaces, people, places etc.... just little things that catch my eye... I have always loved Winnipeg and it's flavor because it is considered to be ugly, obsolete, and derelict. No one else is 'looking' here... it is an untapped resource and because of that it is far better!... Here's to Winnipeg!... sorry for the old pics... new ones coming soon...




No comments:

Post a Comment